Faculty and staff often interact with students who are struggling with decisions regarding choice of major or career, or how to conduct their job search. In Career Services we can assist students with these decisions. Students might meet with a career counselor for direction and advice on their career planning and job search concerns. Talking to a skilled and caring counselor can make the process smoother as they sort out who they are and what they want from college and in a career.
Refer your students to us if they are wanting to talk with someone about any of the following topics:
- Developing academic and career plans
- Exploring their interests, values, skills, and aptitudes
- Resources to explore occupations and careers
- Identifying their marketable skills
- Finding career-related experience during college
- Seeking employment for after graduation
- Developing a resume and having a resume critiqued
- Practicing interview skills in a mock interview
- Resources to research potential employers
- Negotiating salary and evaluating job offers
- Preparing for graduate and professional schools
If your student wants to make an appointment to talk to a counselor, have them contact Career Services at the Student Union Memorial Center, Suite 411 or call 621-2588.