What is the difference between Preselect and Open interview schedules?
Preselect schedules require that you submit your resume during the resume submission period. Resumes are reviewed by the company and selected students can then schedule an interview.
Open schedules are available for students to schedule an interview if you meet the requirements and appointment times are available.
Doesn't my resume just go to the companies that are participating in OCR?
No. You must demonstrate that you're interested in the company and position, AND that you meet the minimum requirements by submitting a resume.
How do I submit a resume to OCR?
- Select 'On-Campus Interviews' under the 'Jobs & Internships' tab on the left-side navigation
- Using the filter, select what interests you, whether industry or employer, job type and more
- Find an entry that interests you
- If you meet the employer's qualifications and submissions are still being accepted, you can submit a resume
- Select the resume you want to submit and click the 'Submit' button
Why don't I meet the requirements to submit a resume?
Employers specify academic requirements for resume submissions and scheduling sign up. These requirements can be majors, degree level, graduation dates, and work authorization status. For MBA schedules, employers can also have minimum GPA requirements.
I don't meet the requirements, but I would still be a good candidate. What can I do?
- Use the feedback box on the Wildcat JobLink home page to send questions or comments. If your educational background or experience is close enough to the requirements, we will often add your resume to the submissions
- Check back before the deadline passes - perhaps the requirements have been modified by the employer
- Apply directly on the company's website
- Speak with the recruiters at a career fair, info session, or club presentation to establish connections
- If you have been selected to interview but find that you are not able to sign up online, contact Career Services to assist you with scheduling
- Attend the company's Information Session. If there were last minute cancelations, an employer might agree to grant you an interview
- What Career Services can't do:
- We can't submit resumes for students who do not meet the work authorization requirements that are set by the employer
- If you missed the deadline, we can't submit your resume
- We can't submit resumes of internship-eligible-only students for full-time positions
How do I sign up for an interview? The employer said I was picked to sign up.
- Select 'Interview Requests' under the 'Interviews' tab to check your status
- 'Pending' - resume is still under review by the employer
- 'Invited' - you have been selected to interview
- 'Not Invited' - the employer did not select you for an interview
- Click 'Schedule Interview' to choose a date and time
- Otherwise, click 'Decline Interview' if you do not wish to interview
Do I have to attend the informational meeting for the company I wish to interview with?
Generally, no, but it is highly recommended to do so (and occasionally required).
If you have a conflict that prevents you from attending, contact the company's representative as a courtesy.
If you do intend to go, please RSVP:
- In Wildcat JobLink, locate the Information Session under the 'Events' tab
- Click on the event to view a description
- Click the 'RSVP' button
Can I come in on the interview date and get a time slot?
No. All interview appointments must be arranged prior to the interview date.
What is the "No-Show" policy?
Students who fail to properly cancel or do not show up for a scheduled interview are restricted from participating in OCR. To avoid a No-Show, cancel your campus interview.