Please note: Handshake replaced Wildcat Joblink! We have implemented a new career services management tool and job board, Handshake. Wildcat Joblink is no longer available.
NEW: Handshake is a career management tool, offering UA students and alumni access to jobs, internships, and a range of other services including campus interviewing and resume referrals.
To gain access to Handshake, you must be enrolled for a minimum of one credit hour in the current or a future term, or be enrolled in an orientation session for a future term and have made payment. Once your UA Webmail account is created, it will take 24-48 hours for all databases to update. When that's completed, you'll be able to login using the link below.
*If you are an alumni, employer, or faculty/staff, log-in through your unique portals on the upper-right hand corner of this page.
On-Campus Interviewing FAQsClick or enter to reveal information below
What is the difference between Preselect and Open interview schedules?
Preselect schedules require that you submit your resume during the resume submission period. Resumes are reviewed by the company and selected students can then schedule an interview.
Open schedules are available for students to schedule an interview if you meet the requirements and appointment times are available.
Doesn't my resume just go to the companies that are interviewing on campus?
No. You must demonstrate that you're interested in the company and position, AND that you meet the minimum requirements by submitting a resume.
How do I submit a resume for campus interviews?
- Select 'Jobs and Campus Interviews' under the 'Jobs' tab on the toolbar
- Using the Advanced Search interface, select either 'Interviews | Qualifying For' or 'All Interviews' from the 'Show Me' dropdown, and click 'Search'
- Find an entry that interests you
- If you meet the employer's qualifications and submissions are still being accepted, you can submit a resume
- Select the resume you want to submit and click the 'Submit' button
Why don't I meet the requirements to submit a resume?
Employers specify academic requirements for resume submissions and scheduling sign up. These requirements can be majors, degree level, graduation dates, and work authorization status. For MBA schedules, employers can also have minimum GPA requirements.
I don't meet the requirements, but I would still be a good candidate. What can I do?
- Use the feedback box on the Wildcat JobLink home page to send questions or comments. If your educational background or experience is close enough to the requirements, we will often add your resume to the submissions
- Check back before the deadline passes - perhaps the requirements have been modified by the employer
- Apply directly on the company's website
- Speak with the recruiters at a career fair, info session, or club presentation to establish connections
- If you have been selected to interview but find that you are not able to sign up online, contact Career Services to assist you with scheduling
- Attend the company's Information Session. If there were last minute cancelations, an employer might agree to grant you an interview
- What Career Services can't do:
- We can't submit resumes for students who do not meet the work authorization requirements that are set by the employer
- If you missed the deadline, we can't submit your resume
- We can't submit resumes of internship-eligible-only students for full-time positions
How do I sign up for an interview? The employer said I was picked to sign up.
- Select 'Interview Requests' under the 'Interviews' tab to check your status
- 'Pending' - resume is still under review by the employer
- 'Invited' - you have been selected to interview
- 'Not Invited' - the employer did not select you for an interview
- Click 'Schedule Interview' to choose a date and time
- Otherwise, click 'Decline Interview' if you do not wish to interview
Do I have to attend the informational meeting for the company I wish to interview with?
Generally, no, but it is highly recommended to do so (and occasionally required).
If you have a conflict that prevents you from attending, contact the company's representative as a courtesy.
If you do intend to go, please RSVP:
- In Wildcat JobLink, locate the Information Session under the 'Events' tab
- Click on the event to view a description
- Click the 'RSVP' button
Can I come in on the interview date and get a time slot?
No. All interview appointments must be arranged prior to the interview date.
What is the "No-Show" policy?
Students who fail to properly cancel or do not show up for a scheduled interview are restricted from Campus Interviewing activities.
To avoid a No-Show, cancel your campus interview.
Profile & Job Listing FAQsClick or enter to reveal information below
My Academic Information in my Handshake Profile is incorrect. What can I do?
All fields in the Academic Information section of Handshake, other than your major, are pulled directly from the University Information System.
Current students can make certain demographic changes using UAccess Student; however, you will need to contact the UA Office of the Registrar . These changes may require 24-48 hours to be reflected in Wildcat JobLink.
How do I change my password?
You cannot change your password from within the Handshake application.
If you are a currently-enrolled student at the UA, we use your UA NetID as your Login to Handshake. To change your NetID password, please visit the UA Account Website .
UA Alumni who wish to change their password may do so at the Career Services home page by selecting 'My Account'.
My major is not listed on the drop-down menu in the Academic Information section of my profile.
If your major is not listed on the drop-down menu, send an email via the feedback box on the Wildcat JobLink home page to notify us so we can make the necessary changes.
I am just looking for a campus job. How do I do that?
After logging in to Handshake:
- Select 'Jobs & Internships' from the 'left-hand menu.
- Under the filters/Job Type, select "On Campus Student Employment"
- Relevant jobs will appear to the right of the filter.
- Click on the "Apply Now" green button (upper right hand side) to apply directly to the department that has listed the job
What is the difference between Work-Study and non Work-Study jobs?
When a job listing says that a Federal Work-Study award is required, you will need to take your award letter from Financial Aid with you to apply. Students who have not been awarded Federal Work-Study do not qualify for Work-Study jobs.
On-campus non-Work-study jobs are student positions that are available to all students.
I don't want to receive notifications from Handshake. How do I change my settings?
Handshake notifications emails can be turned on/off. From any screen, click on your name in the upper right hand corner. In the drop down menu, select 'User Preferences." On the next page on the left side of your screen, choose 'Notification Preferences'. You indicate how you'd like to receive notifications, if any.
Document Services FAQsClick or enter to reveal information below
How do I upload a resume?
- Your resume should be created in a standard word processing program. See 'A' Resume Guide for help
- In Handshake, in the left-hand menu, select 'Documents'
- Click on 'Add New' in the upper left corner to upload a new resume
- Give your resume a title. Please note that when you submit a resume to a prospective employer, they can see your name and the title name of your resume. Use a professional title to name your resume (e.g. Finance Resume, Intern Resume, etc.)
- Use the 'Browse' button to locate the file on your computer that contains your resume
- Click on 'Submit'
You can upload a Word document or a .PDF. In addition, you can upload a cover, transcript or other document to your profile.
What is a "default" resume?
If you are a participant in either the Career Services On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) Program or the Eller Graduate School Campus Interviewing Program, your default resume is the document that is used for employer referrals.
The default resume is denoted on your document list in bold print or with an asterisk (*) when displayed in a drop-down list.
How can I revise or change my documents (resumes and/or cover letters)?
Resumes can only be modified in the original file. After you have made the necessary changes in your original document file, you can upload it over your existing document.
Information Session FAQsClick or enter to reveal information below
I've found an information session I want to attend. What do I do?
Most information sessions now require an RSVP. To make an RSVP, do the following:
I can no longer attend an information session I RSVP'd for.
We do request that you withdraw your RSVP should you be unable to attend an information session.
To remove your RSVP: