Wildcat JobLink is a career management tool, offering UA students and alumni access to jobs, internships, and a range of other services including campus interviewing and resume referrals.
To gain access to Wildcat JobLink, you must be enrolled for a minimum of one credit hour in the current or a future term, or be enrolled in an orientation session for a future term and have made payment. Once your UA Webmail account is created, it will take 24-48 hours for all databases to update. When that's completed, you'll be able to login using the link below.
*If you are an alumni, employer, or faculty/staff, log-in through your unique portals on the upper-right hand corner of this page.
For tips on using Wildcat JobLink, see frequently asked questions below. If you need additional assistance, please contact us.
On-Campus Interviewing FAQsClick or enter to reveal information below
What is the difference between Preselect and Open interview schedules?
Preselect schedules require that you submit your resume during the resume submission period. Resumes are reviewed by the company and selected students can then schedule an interview.
Open schedules are available for students to schedule an interview if you meet the requirements and appointment times are available.
Doesn't my resume just go to the companies that are interviewing on campus?
No. You must demonstrate that you're interested in the company and position, AND that you meet the minimum requirements by submitting a resume.
How do I submit a resume for campus interviews?
- Select 'Jobs and Campus Interviews' under the 'Jobs' tab on the toolbar
- Using the Advanced Search interface, select either 'Interviews | Qualifying For' or 'All Interviews' from the 'Show Me' dropdown, and click 'Search'
- Find an entry that interests you
- If you meet the employer's qualifications and submissions are still being accepted, you can submit a resume
- Select the resume you want to submit and click the 'Submit' button
Why don't I meet the requirements to submit a resume?
Employers specify academic requirements for resume submissions and scheduling sign up. These requirements can be majors, degree level, graduation dates, and work authorization status. For MBA schedules, employers can also have minimum GPA requirements.
I don't meet the requirements, but I would still be a good candidate. What can I do?
- Use the feedback box on the Wildcat JobLink home page to send questions or comments. If your educational background or experience is close enough to the requirements, we will often add your resume to the submissions
- Check back before the deadline passes - perhaps the requirements have been modified by the employer
- Apply directly on the company's website
- Speak with the recruiters at a career fair, info session, or club presentation to establish connections
- If you have been selected to interview but find that you are not able to sign up online, contact Career Services to assist you with scheduling
- Attend the company's Information Session. If there were last minute cancelations, an employer might agree to grant you an interview
- What Career Services can't do:
- We can't submit resumes for students who do not meet the work authorization requirements that are set by the employer
- If you missed the deadline, we can't submit your resume
- We can't submit resumes of internship-eligible-only students for full-time positions
How do I sign up for an interview? The employer said I was picked to sign up.
- Select 'Interview Requests' under the 'Interviews' tab to check your status
- 'Pending' - resume is still under review by the employer
- 'Invited' - you have been selected to interview
- 'Not Invited' - the employer did not select you for an interview
- Click 'Schedule Interview' to choose a date and time
- Otherwise, click 'Decline Interview' if you do not wish to interview
Do I have to attend the informational meeting for the company I wish to interview with?
Generally, no, but it is highly recommended to do so (and occasionally required).
If you have a conflict that prevents you from attending, contact the company's representative as a courtesy.
If you do intend to go, please RSVP:
- In Wildcat JobLink, locate the Information Session under the 'Events' tab
- Click on the event to view a description
- Click the 'RSVP' button
Can I come in on the interview date and get a time slot?
No. All interview appointments must be arranged prior to the interview date.
What is the "No-Show" policy?
Students who fail to properly cancel or do not show up for a scheduled interview are restricted from Campus Interviewing activities.
To avoid a No-Show, cancel your campus interview.
Profile & Job Listing FAQsClick or enter to reveal information below
My Academic Information in my Wildcat JobLink Profile is incorrect. What can I do?
All fields in the Academic Information section of JobLink, other than your major, are pulled directly from the University Information System.
Current students can make certain demographic changes using UAccess Student; however, you will need to contact the UA Office of the Registrar . These changes may require 24-48 hours to be reflected in Wildcat JobLink.
How do I change my password?
You cannot change your password from within the Wildcat JobLink application.
If you are a currently-enrolled student at the UA, we use your UA NetID as your Login to Wildcat Joblink. To change your NetID password, please visit the UA Account Website .
UA Alumni who wish to change their password may do so at the Career Services home page by selecting 'My Account'.
My major is not listed on the drop-down menu in the Academic Information section of my profile.
If your major is not listed on the drop-down menu, send an email via the feedback box on the Wildcat JobLink home page to notify us so we can make the necessary changes.
I am just looking for a campus job. How do I do that?
After logging in to Wildcat JobLink:
- Select 'Jobs & Campus Interviews' from the 'Jobs' tab
- Use the Search and Advanced Search to find a job that interests you
- Select the job to view a description
- Apply directly to the department that has listed the job
What is the difference between Work-Study and non Work-Study jobs?
When a job listing says that a Federal Work-Study award is required, you will need to take your award letter from Financial Aid with you to apply. Students who have not been awarded Federal Work-Study do not qualify for Work-Study jobs.
On-campus non-Work-study jobs are student positions that are available to all students.
How do I remove a Job Search Agent?
After logging in to Wildcat JobLink:
- Select 'Search Agents' from the 'Jobs' tab
- Your search agents are now visible
- Click the 'Delete' button to remove the selected agent
I don't want to receive the automatic emails from Wildcat JobLink. How do I change my settings?
Wildcat JobLink emails can be turned on/off from the 'My Account' page. Emails from Search Agents and Campus Interviewing must be turned off by deactivating those services.
Career Services will send out email messages to registered website users. Receipt of these messages may be changed using the 'My Account' tools.
Document Services FAQsClick or enter to reveal information below
How do I upload a resume?
- Your resume should be created in a standard word processing program. See 'A' Resume Guide for help
- Select 'Documents' from the main menu in Wildcat JobLink
- Click on 'Add New' to upload a new resume
- Give your resume a title. Please note that when you submit a resume to a prospective employer, they can see your name and the title name of your resume. Use a professional title to name your resume (e.g. Finance Resume, Intern Resume, etc.)
- Use the 'Browse' button to locate the file on your computer that contains your resume
- Click on 'Submit'
Your resume file will be converted to PDF (Portable Document Format) that can be read with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Be sure to review your PDF resume for proper formatting. Please note that resume files created in Microsoft Works do not convert to PDF and cannot be uploaded unless first converted from Works to Word format.
What is a "default" resume?
If you are a participant in either the Career Services On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) Program or the Eller Graduate School Campus Interviewing Program, your default resume is the document that is used for employer referrals.
The default resume is denoted on your document list in bold print or with an asterisk (*) when displayed in a drop-down list.
How can I revise or change my documents (resumes and/or cover letters)?
Resumes can only be modified in the original file. After you have made the necessary changes in your original document file, you can upload it over your existing document.
How can I get my resume uploaded to Wildcat JobLink? I keep getting error messages.
Please send notification to a computer support technician by using the feedback box on the Wildcat JobLink home page. Be sure to include the specific error message you received, the Word Processor you are using and the version. You will be notified if a copy of your resume is needed for evaluation.
My resume was created using Microsoft Works. I understand that this format is not compatible with Wildcat JobLink. What should I do?
There are two solutions available to you.
The computers in OSCR have been loaded with a copy of Microsoft Office that can covert Works documents to Word Documents. Bring your document to their lab and do the following:
- Open Microsoft Word
- Click on File -> Open
- In the "Open" dialog window, under the dropdown at the bottom that says "Files of Type:", choose "Works 6.0 & 7.0 (*.wps)" from the list
- Browse to location of the Works document and double-click on it
- The document will convert. Make any changes necessary
- Click on File -> Save As
- Under the dropdown at the bottom of the "Save" dialog window that says "Save as type:", choose "Word Document (*.doc)" from the list
- Click the Save button
- Log back into Wildcat JobLink and upload your resume document file
Alternatively, you may use Adobe PDF to convert your resume file into a PDF file.
Wildcat JobLink cannot currently accept PDF files from the following document producers: Canvas/Deneba PDF filter, Dvipdf(m), FrameMaker, GhostScript versions prior to 6.5, HP Intelligent Scanners, PDFWriter, PhotoShop, PStill. While the errors vary for each producer, the root issue is that PDF files created by these producers, while appearing fine as standalone documents, have one of the following problems:
- They cannot be easily concatenated with PDF files created by other producers
- They have problems with the manner in which they embed fonts into PDF documents
I do not like how my converted PDF resume looks. Where are formatting tips?
If your margins are too narrow, you may experience words that are wrapped on conversion. Try making your font smaller by one point and widening your margins.
- Make sure that you are using a TrueType font (Arial, Times New Roman, Helvetica)
- Use a normal font size (10-12 point). Use larger font sizes for your name and headers
- Use the space bar to add spacing to your resume. Using the tab key may cause text to align incorrectly
- Avoid text boxes if at all possible. Use a table to make columns for alignment. Merge the cells of the table for larger text areas.
- Print your resume and have it critiqued by our Career Coaches.
- Check out 'A' Resume Guide to get additional advice.
Information Session FAQsClick or enter to reveal information below
I've found an information session I want to attend. What do I do?
Most information sessions now require an RSVP. To make an RSVP, do the following:
After logging in to Wildcat JobLink:
- Select 'Information Sessions' from the 'Events' tab
- Find the information session you wish to attend
- Click the link under the Session Start Date/Time
- Click the RSVP button
I can no longer attend an information session I RSVP'd for.
We do request that you withdraw your RSVP should you be unable to attend an information session.
To remove your RSVP:
- Log back into Wildcat JobLink and select 'Information Sessions' from the 'Events' tab
- Find the information session you RSVP'd to attend
- Click on the link under the Session Start Date/Time column for that session
- Click on the 'Cancel RSVP' button
How does the calendar work?
You can RSVP for information sessions via the calendar. Just look for the event links below the calendar grid.
You can enter personal appointments into the calendar by clicking the 'Personal Events' tab. Your personal appointments are visible only to you.
You can elect to receive email reminders regarding your personal appointments. If the appointment is ongoing, you can decide the period of recurrence (daily, weekly, monthly or yearly) as well as the number of recurrences.