Networking allows you to develop connections and contacts, learn about your industry, discover opportunities, and is vital to the job search process
Watch this video to learn networking tips from employers, alumni, and current students.
1. An elevator pitch is a quick introductory statement you can use in a variety of settings.
2. Use the Prepare for the Fair Tip Sheet will help prepare you in any situation - whether a Career Fair or other networking event - where you will meet employers.
Download the documents below.
Creating Your Elevator Pitch
Prepare for the Fair Tip Sheet
In-Person Networking Events
- Prepare for the Fair: Prepare for the Fair is a comprehensive week of professional development workshops and activities with employers.
- Career Days: Career Days, which occurs both the Fall and Spring semesters, is key for connecting and networking with local and national employers and exploring career related internships and job!
- Workshops, Mixers, & More: Attend other Student Engagement & Career Development events to meet employers & alumni.