Job Shadow Program: Host a Wildcat
Provide Insight and Opportunity for Students
The Job Shadow Program is an opportunity to host a student at your organization for just one day to mentor and provide insight about your field, while providing greater exposure for your organization, job function, and industry to UA students.
The program is an educational experience for students; it may be their initial exposure to a professional environment. For other students, it will be a chance to explore a career area they might otherwise not have exposure to or to build their professional network in their chosen career area.
Depending on the nature of your industry and organization, the job shadow day may consist of:
- observation of your daily work
- sitting in on meetings/other activities
- touring your facility
- presentations by executives
- informational interviews with professionals in your office
- or hands-on experience
Interested in hosting a Wildcat?
Let us know you're interested in hosting a Wildcat by filling out the form below.
The job shadow program typically runs during summer, winter break, and spring break. We will be in touch when we plan the next round to confirm your interest in participating, provide more details about the program, and get additional information from you.
Dates & Deadlines
The Job Shadow Session will be 1 day between the dates of December 17, 2018 – January 9, 2019.
- August 13, 2018: Host applications begins.
- October 21, 2018: Host application period ends.
- November 26, 2018: Hosts notified by SECD about their student matches.
- December 3 –7, 2018: Students outreach to their respective hosts and finalize details for winter break.
Sample Job Shadow Agenda
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Arrival, Introductions, Meet the Staff, Get Coffee
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Overview of Field/Observe Work
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Lunch with Staff or at Your Favorite Restaurant
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Presentation from Executive/Facility Tour/Meet with Staff Member
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Group Activity/Hands-on Activity/Meet with Staff Member
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Closing, Questions, Reflections