EDGE Internship Readiness Program
When it comes to getting that coveted internship or first job out of college, it pays to have an EDGE. For UA Wildcats, that edge is confidence.
When you have confidence in yourself and your goals, nothing can stand in your way. EDGE Internship Readiness Program empowers you to articulate your goals and then go after them by creating a plan of action. The sooner you create one, the sooner you can pursue your purpose.
What kind of EDGE will I get?
- You will start drafting your career plan. When you know where you want to go, it’s easier to plan how to get there. But if you don’t know yet, you can start exploring.
- You will develop a quality resume in both form and content: it will be properly formatted and accurately articulate the skills you developed through experiences and opportunities you chose because they served your larger career goal.
- You will learn how to search for the internships and jobs you’re most interested in.
- You will be confident stepping into any interview because you know who you are, what you can do and what you want.
- You will be able to tell anyone you meet what you’re all about and the impact you could make in their company.
Who should want an EDGE?
If you’re actively seeking an internship or job, whether part-time or full-time, or will be in the next six months, then this free program is for you.
What do I need to do to get an EDGE?
- From January 30 - March 14, attend five out of six sessions and complete activities as assigned.
- Participate in a series of career and leadership development workshops to learn critical skills that will make you indispensable in the workplace.
- Practice the tools essential to internship/job-seekers, such as a resume, cover letter, and interviewing skills.
- Network with top UA recruiters and Edge Sponsors.
- Gain advice and support from leadership and career development professionals.
Where will I get my EDGE?
All sessions are held in Student Engagement & Career Development, Suite 411 located on the 4th floor of the Student Union Memorial Center.
For more information, contact Chris Rosales
Edge is sponsored by Altria. Click on the logo to learn about their internship opportunities!