UA Career Services offers 2 types of career counseling:
You can meet with a counselor briefly by dropping by the Career Services office during the Walk-in hours (Times vary, please check the schedule on our CALENDAR ). This service is available on a first-come first-served basis, Monday through Friday.
Individual Career Counseling by Appointment
You can meet with a career counselor about anything related to your career plans. Please call (520) 621-2546 or stop by UA Career Services (Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411) to schedule an appointment.
* Recent UA Alumni can use career counseling services for up to 1 year past graduation.
Some possible counseling topics:
- Document Check/Review (Resume, CV, Cover Letter, Personal Statement)
- Graduate School/Professional Program
- Interview Preparation
- Mock Interview
- Career Options and College Major
- Career Choice and Job Search
- Salaries, Job Market, and Marketable Skills
- Professional Networking
- Employers in Specific Career Fields or Geographic Areas
Many students and alumni seeking career counseling find it helpful to begin their career planning effort by completing some career assessments. Those assessments are available for FREE or at low cost and can yield some career “starting points” for future exploration. Here is the list of suggested CAREER ASSESSMENTS for you to try prior to your initial career counseling appointment.