What is it?
Counselor iChat is a fifteen-minute video chat between you and one of our career counselors. If you can't make one of our many walk-in sessions during the week, then these appointments may be perfect for your situation.
Who may use iChat?
iChat is open to any current or graduated University of Arizona student. Please note: you must Opt-In with Career Services in order to use iChat.
What do I need to participate?
Our counselors make use of Google Talk with video in order to conduct the iChat. You will need a computer with a fast internet connection and a webcam. Prior to the appointment, the counselor will email instructions on how to connect at the time of the appointment.
How do I sign up for an appointment?
A limited number of iChat appointments are available each week. In order to sign up for an appointment, follow these steps:
- Log into Wildcat JobLink.
- You will be on the Student Desktop.
- Look for the menu that says Request an Appointment under the Career Tools and Advising menu to the right:
- The calendar screen will appear, which is a three-step wizard for selecting your appointment time.
- From the first step, Select your scheduling criteria, choose a counseling type and a location. Optionally, you can also select the earliest and/or latest appointments you would like.
- Days that have open counseling appointments will light up on the calendar:
- Clicking on a date will display the available counselors and their slots:
- Select your preferred timeslot by clicking on the link.
- Add any additional notes you would like to share with the counselor, and then click on the Submit button to send in your request.
- Your request will be sent to the system, and once approved, you'll receive an email confirming your appointment.