The Edge is a program brought to you by Leadership Programs and Career Services. It is designed for sophomores and juniors to help give you the edge when seeking internships and jobs. Through self-assessment, development workshops, and action planning, The Edge will help you develop the skills you need to succeed.
What you'll do:
- Self-assessment to determine what career and leadership development areas are critical for you
- Participate in a series of 8 career and leadership development workshops to prepare you for internships and jobs
- Participate in the Career Fair prepared to speak with employers
- Develop an Action Plan to map out your ongoing development activities
What you'll get:
- A certificate of completion
- An opportunity to build critical job readiness skills
- Early exclusive access to employers at the Career Fair
- An opportunity to network with employers at the Career Fair Diversity Mixer
- Advice and support from leadership and career development professionals
When is The Edge?
There will be three sessions offered to sophomores and juniors for the Spring 2015 semester. Tuesdays there will be an Afternoon (12:30pm -1:30pm) session for all majors except STEM* and an Evening (5:00pm - 6:00pm) session for STEM majors only. Wednesdays there will be an Afternoon (12:00pm -1:00pm) session for all majors except STEM. Tuesday sessions will meet beginning February 3 to April 7 and Wednesday sessions will begin February 4 to April 8. Space is limited...sign up today for one of the three sessions!
*STEM: Science, technology, engineering, math