The Edge is a program brought to you by Leadership Programs and Career Services. It is designed for sophomores and juniors to help give you the edge when seeking internships and jobs. Through self-assessment, development workshops, and action planning, The Edge will help you develop the skills you need to succeed.
What you'll do:
- Self-assessment to determine what career and leadership development areas are critical for you
- Participate in a series of 9 career and leadership development workshops to prepare you for internships and jobs
- Develop an Action Plan to map out your ongoing development activities
What you'll get:
- A certificate of completion
- An opportunity to build critical job readiness skills
- Advice and support from leadership and career development professionals
- An opportunity to participate in an employer networking event
When is The Edge?
There will be two sessions offered to sophomores and juniors for the Fall 2014 semester, an Afternoon (12:30pm -1:30pm) session for all majors except STEM and an Evening (5:00pm - 6:00pm) session for STEM majors only. Both sessions will meet on Tuesdays beginning September 9 to November 4. Space is limited...sign up today for either the Afternoon or Evening session!
*STEM: Science, technology, engineering, math