What to Do on Interview Day
At last! Your big day has arrived.
Keep the following in mind as you prepare for your big interview.
- Wear minimal jewelry; try to limit yourself to a watch if possible.
- Have neat hair; if it is long, have it pulled back.
- Shower, and use deodorant.
- Stay away from perfume or cologne.
- Clean your nails.
- Be sure to have fresh breath:
-- Eat before your interview, but avoid dishes with tuna or garlic.
-- Carry mints with you.
- Empty your pockets.
-- No jingling coins!
- No nose rings, gum, cigarettes, sandals, or spiked heels
- Cover any tattoos, if possible.
- No mobile phones!
- Do not text while you are sitting in the waiting area:
-- Be ready to make eye contact, stand up, and offer your handshake when your name is called by the interviewer.
- Carry portfolio with a pen and copies of your resume.