Mock Interview Events are offered to help you practice your interviewing skills. Half hour practice interviews are conducted by employers and professional staff to allow students an opportunity to try out their interviewing skills and receive constructive feedback on how they might improve. Prior sign-up is required.
Complete list of Mock Interview Events
Steps To Take For Your Mock Interview
- Sign up for your mock interview with the Career Services Receptionist in person in SUMC411
(sign ups will begin on Monday, January 7, 2013 for the FALL Mock Interview Event on Friday, February 1, 2013).
- Please note that in addition to the Mock Interview Events, mock interviews are available all year round by scheduling a career counseling appointment (call 520.621.2546).
- Please give a copy of your resume to the Receptionist when you sign up.
- Practice and prepare for your interview (see preparation suggestions below).
- Your interviewer will come to greet you in the student waiting area.
- Interviews will be conducted in the Career Services interview rooms and staff offices.
- Your interview will be for 30 minutes.
- Your interviewer will provide you with verbal feedback and/or a written evaluation of your performance.
- The mock interviews will be conducted by Career Services staff and guest employers.
- You will find out who your interviewer will be on the day of your mock interview.
Cancellations or Late Arrivals: Please call (520) 621-2546 if you must cancel your Mock Interview for any reason, so other students may be contacted. We appreciate being notified of cancellations 24 to 48 hours in advance if possible. Thank you so much for showing up on time..
You should not consider a mock interview the first step in your interview preparation. Please plan and prepare for your mock interview. Here are some suggestions so that you can come prepared for your mock interview:
- Attend an interviewing professional development seminar -(dates and times listed below).
- Read the Career Services Interview Guidelines that you received when you signed up for your mock interview.
- Review some of the interview books in the Career Services library in SU411.
- Practice answering typical interview questions.
- Practice with a friend or practice alone in front of a mirror.
- Use the UA Interview Prep program to record yourself with a web cam.
- Bring a copy of your resume for your interviewer to keep.
- Casual clothing is fine for your "mock" interview. However, we encourage you to wear your suit if you would like feedback on your clothes. Remember though, for all of your "real" interviews, suits are recommended.
Learn what to expect and how to prepare for an interview so that you can answer interview questions with ease. Please join us! No prior sign-up required.
Complete listing of Interview Preparation workshops
Additional Interviewing Resources
Good luck with your interviewing!