You Only Get One Chance to Make a First Impression
- You make an impression in the first 10 seconds
- It is entirely based on your appearance (You as the package!)
- Often made before you've said a word
- Reinforces the message "I am the best candidate!"
What does your appearance say about you?
- Detail oriented and high standards
- Take pride in yourself and profession
- Respect the interviewers
- Selling yourself as the best candidate
- "Professional" self rather than your "Student" self
Things to consider when selecting your outfit
- Prepare in advance
-- No last minute shopping!
- Better to "overdress" than "underdress"
- Dress for two positions higher
- Conservative is the safest bet
-- Research the organization and environment
- Look and feel your best; your confidence will show
More Details on Successful Interview Outfit:
What Is Business Casual?
For business casual attire tips, click Business Casual Attire Tips for Men and Women