You will need to identify and describe your skills on your resume and in your interviews.
STAR METHOD TO ASSESS SKILLS
- Recall 10-20 successful experiences where you liked what you did and you did it well
- Identify 10 experiences where you liked what you did and you did it well but things did not go as planned, did not work out or you were not pleased with your performance.
- Use various situations to describe your experiences from college, jobs, internships, campus activities, student involvement, class projects, teamwork, research, volunteer roles, leadership roles, committees, community service, etc...
- Evaluate the measurable skills you used to be effective during your experiences
- Practice telling detailed stories about your successful experiences, describing:
S ituation, challenge, problem
T asks and responsibilities
A ctions, behaviors, skills used
R esults, outcomes, accomplishments, your contribution, how you were effective