Preparing and practicing for interviews will help you improve your interview performance. After you have completed a career assessment, practice describing your experiences, characteristics, skills and qualifications related to the position. Research employers and review their job descriptions to help you choose the employers best suited for you.
Our comprehensive Interviewing and Offer Guidelines will review best practices for before, during, and after your interview.
What will interviewers ask me?
- Skills - hard and soft
- Career related experiences
- Education and knowledge
- Preparation for the job
- Personal characteristics
- Knowledge of job and employer
Skills focused approach to answering interview questions:
- Recall 10 successful experiences where you liked what you did and you did it well.
- Evaluate skills you used and how you were effective during each experience.
- Focus on measurable skills and specific examples where you can cite evidence of your related skills and knowledge.
- List your top 10 skills with two situations where you demonstrated each skill, using the STAR method - Situation, Task, Action, Result - to describe what you did and how you were effective.
|Tuesday, January 24||4:00pm|
|Thursday, February 2||4:00pm|
|Wednesday, February 8||3:00pm|
|Tuesday, February 14||4:00pm|
|Thursday, February 23||4:00pm|
|PFF: Tuesday, February 28||2:00pm|
|PFF: MOCK INTERVIEW EVENT - March 1||10:00a - 12:00p|
|Tuesday, March 21||4:00pm|
|Thursday, March 30||4:00pm|
|Wednesday, April 5||3:00pm|