Student Engagement & Career Development: Realizing the Value of a University of Arizona Degree
At the University of Arizona, Student Engagement & Career Development leads and coordinates our campus-wide commitment to foster career success for each student we admit, retain, and graduate. As students, families, and the public become increasingly interested in measures of the return on their investment in higher education, we commit to our mission to inspire and prepare all graduates to create lives of opportunity aligned with their purpose and values.
The vision of Student Engagement & Career Development is that every University of Arizona student finds support within the University of Arizona community to:
- Develop in-demand employable skills within and beyond the classroom;
- Design and implement a career plan aligned with personal strengths and values, for a lifetime of opportunity and well-being;
- Engage in experiences that expand the student’s capacity to lead and to solve authentic challenges facing our communities and businesses;
- UA’s reputation as a premier source of workforce talent among employers in Arizona and the nation enhances our graduates’ opportunities.
In turn, UA alumni provide a powerful network of support to the next generation of Wildcats as they engage as mentors, employers, and volunteers. Their achievements and reputation build the public and private trust in the UA’s exceptional value proposition.
Our three program areas include:
- Leadership and Career Education creates learning experiences that develop students’ leadership and career identities throughout their time at the University of Arizona;
- Employer & Alumni Engagement builds networks of opportunity that connect students’ experiences to the workforce;
- Student Engagement connects our efforts to the teaching and learning mission of the academic colleges and to the broader community.
Location and Hours
Student Engagement & Career Development is located in the Bartlett Academic Success Center, 1435 E. 4th Street, Room 301AA.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Arizona Time (GMT-7) Subject to change for special events.Physical Location:
Student Engagement & Career Development
The University of Arizona
Bartlett Academic Success Center
1435 E. 4th Street
Tucson, AZ 85721