LifeLab is a dynamic, supportive space that can help you:
CONNECT your strengths, interests and values to a career path that's right for you.
CREATE a plan to get relevant skills and experiences related to your chosen career path.
Reach your CAREER goal by optimizing your resume and polishing your pitch.
LOCATION: Student Union Memorial Center, room 248, (between Sabor and Core restaurants)
HOURS: Fall Hours: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 1 - 4 PM; Tuesday/Thursday: 3 - 6 PM
What can I do in LifeLab?
LifeLab is a great place to get help with your career—no matter where you're starting from. You can:
- Engage with hands-on, reflective activities to identify values, skills and new directions.
- Receive feedback and suggestions to develop and strengthen your resume.
- Receive assistance with connecting to career paths.
- Begin the search process for internships, graduate school, or full-time professional opportunities.
Work with a Peer or Career Educator to:
- Complete an activity that fits your most immediate needs.
- Co-create strategies and plans of action that work for you, your timeline, and your goals.
- Get assistance and answers to outstanding questions.
- Help you move forward on your career path.
Meet Your Peer Educators
- Naomi Bradford / College of Nursing - Pre-Nursing
- Gabby Encinas / College of Agriculture & Life Sciences - Leadership Studies & Practice
- Morgan Evans / College of Social & Behavioral Sciences - English
- Nicolas Herard / College of Engineering- Materials Science & Engineering
- Victoria Rackley / College of Agriculture & Life Sciences – Agricultural Technology Management & Education
- Karina Soriano / College of Social & Behavioral Sciences - Politial Science
- Jessica Sullivan / College of Social & Behavioral Sciences - Care Health and Society
- Amanda Starsiak / Eller College of Management – Economics
LifeLab Activities Menu
Create and customize your first professional resume based on your skills
Career Clusters Card Sort
Discover career areas based on your interests
Connect your skills, strengths and values to see how they fit with potential career paths
Flip the Script
Practice strategies for informational interviewing to make a great impression.
Develop a strategic resume customized to your career goals
Receive support for writing a stellar introduction
Polish Your Profile
Get feedback on your Handshake or LinkedIn profile
Practice your interviewing skills and get feedback on best practices
Learn about the job market with real-time data
Create a Plan
Develop a personalized career plan to pursue your next big step
Not Sure Where to Start? Ask for the Handshake Tour!
Learn how to make the most of Handshake, UA's online job and career development platform.
MEET YOUR CAREER EDUCATORS
Brittney CrawfordCareer Educator
Amanda HarrellCareer Educator
Kathy KoppyCareer Educator
Joel MuracoCareer Educator
Ariel TorresCareer Educator
Related Events or Programs
Personalized. Ongoing. Support.
Job & Internship Search Preparation
Looking for support as you search for a job or internship? Design Your Search (DYS) will help you understand what you need to know to complete a successful search.