Consult with SECD
Our mission is to support the University of Arizona to inspire and prepare all students to create lives of opportunity aligned with their purpose and values.
If you wonder how your team could more strategically support students to lead through authentic challenges, to gain experience in novel inquiry and research, to design a career plan, to capably communicate their employable skills, or build a competitive profile for graduate programs, we are here to help.
Our approach to internal consulting combines the voice of your students, faculty and staff with custom insights that will help you meaningfully connect your learning experiences to student career outcomes in ways authentic to your program’s identity and values.
Using a human-centered approach to gaining and applying transformative insights, we can help you:
- Understand the current career and leadership development profile of your student population
- Gain insight into your students’ aspirations and perceptions of the support your program provides as they prepare for the future
- Design additional moments of awareness and reflection into your current curriculum or student support structure, to more readily assist students in connecting what and how they are learning with where they might want to go next
- Develop a network of faculty, staff or peer champions who are well-trained, supported and recognized for their impact on student career outcomes
- Understand the labor market as it relates to your program's skills profile and your students' aspirations
- Deepen relationships with internship and employment partners
- Identify other authentic opportunities to enhance your curriculum or co-curriculum that will help you and the students you reach to achieve career outcomes goals
SECD is also partnering with the Office of Research, Innovation, and Impact to expand opportunities for research and inquiry to all interested undergraduate students. We can help you:
- Promote research opportunities to the students you would like to reach
- Provide training to help faculty integrate novel inquiry into research-intensive courses.
- Join a community of practice with faculty members committed to providing opportunities in undergraduate research and inquiry
- Collaborate with departments and programs to showcase undergraduate research across all