Job Shadow Program: Host a Wildcat
Provide Insight and Opportunity for Students
The Job Shadow Program is an opportunity to host a student at your organization for just one day to mentor and provide insight about your field, while providing greater exposure for your organization, job function, and industry to UA students.
The program is an educational experience for students; it may be their initial exposure to a professional environment. For other students, it will be a chance to explore a career area they might otherwise not have exposure to or to build their professional network in their chosen career area.
Depending on the nature of your industry and organization, the job shadow day may consist of:
- observation of your daily work
- sitting in on meetings/other activities
- touring your facility
- presentations by executives
- informational interviews with professionals in your office
- or hands-on experience
Interested in hosting a Wildcat?
Let us know you're interested in hosting a Wildcat by filling out the form below.
The job shadow program typically runs during summer, winter break, and spring break. We will be in touch when we plan the next round to confirm your interest in participating, provide more details about the program, and get additional information from you.
This program is in partnership with The University of Arizona Alumni Association and allows our alumni the opportunity to engage with current students on their journey to finding their own career path.
Dates & Deadlines
The Job Shadow Session will be 1 day (your choice!) between the dates of March 4 - March 8, 2019.
- December 3, 2018: Host applications begins.
- January 21, 2018: Host application period ends.
- January 22-February 10, 2019: Student application period.
- February 18, 2019: Students notified by SECD about their host matches.
- February 25–March 1, 2019: Students reach out to their hosts and finalize details for their spring break shadow day.
Sample Job Shadow Agenda
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Arrival, Introductions, Meet the Staff, Get Coffee
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Overview of Field/Observe Work
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Lunch with Staff or at Your Favorite Restaurant
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Presentation from Executive/Facility Tour/Meet with Staff Member
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Group Activity/Hands-on Activity/Meet with Staff Member
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Closing, Questions, Reflections