Build Skills and Gain Experience
Change the world one experience at a time
Experiences that connect your knowledge and skills to the mark you want to make in the world abound at UA. Leadership. Collaborative projects where you take action, applying your UA education to solve for complex campus and community needs. Internships. Research. Opportunities to learn, make an impact, and earn while you complete your degree. Through these experiences, you design the life you want to lead. At UA we’re 100% committed to experiences like these as a part of personal development and career preparation for every student.
What’s Your Mission?
- What can I do to make a difference now? Your human and digital skills matter. When you value your strengths as a team player, a communicator, someone who takes initiative, an ethical person, or your skills as a coder, a social media influencer, a performer, someone who finds meaning by analyzing data—others will value your talents, too.
- What skills do I want to build? A meaningful challenge and a group effort often motivates learning of new skills. Think about taking on experiences that encourage you to grow in ways that balance your capabilities to both leverage technology and connect with people.
- How does this help me think differently? Find experiences that allow you to see value in the unique perspectives others bring. Get involved to discover perspectives and opportunities you never knew existed.
- What’s a good use of my time? You’re balancing so much. Identify quality opportunities that meet your goals on more than one level, and make a commitment to making a real contribution to those activities.
- Will I have fun? Get involved because you enjoy it! Activities you like outside of school and the workplace can promote balance, time management, and encourage you to meet new friends, build your support system, and expand your network.