Arizona Leadership Endorsement
Our society demands leaders capable of creating change and solving the challenges of the 21st century. Earning the University of Arizona Leadership Endorsement tells future employers and graduate/professional schools that the University of Arizona can verify that you have the leadership skills, knowledge, and values that make you a candidate who will rise to the challenge.
Arizona Leadership is…
- Tackling contemporary challenges in a forward-thinking, interdisciplinary, collaborative, and innovative manner
- Acting ethically and inclusively, working with a diverse group, enacting the value of service to your communities, and inspiring others to work towards a common goal
- Seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth by participating in experiences that will enhance your leadership portfolio
How do you qualify?
- Satisfactory academic progress towards graduation
- Minimum of one year of prolonged commitment to an organization or cause while in college (including, but not limited to, club/organization involvement, internship, employment, service, or advocacy work)
- Evidence of service leadership – completion of 5 or more hours of community service
- Ability to effectively articulate their leadership skills and experiences
- Advanced leadership skills in the following areas:
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Inclusive Leadership
- Ethical Leadership
Becoming a University of Arizona Endorsed Leader has provided me with the ability to be easily noticed in my job search. When landing my current position, my interviewers stated it was one of the key factors in their decision. Being endorsed by the University of Arizona positively impacts other’s view of my capabilities, giving me that extra advantage I need in my career path. Drema Harmon, BS, BHT, Class of 2019
Why Go Through the Process of Earning the Arizona Leadership Endorsement
- The process will help you identify and clearly communicate your leadership experience and skills.
- These experiences and skills will be evident on your resume or educational application materials.
- You will receive customized feedback on your resume and cover letter through an individualized consultation.
- Having your leadership skills verified and recognized by the University of Arizona tells future employers and schools that you have the leadership skills to succeed post-graduation
By becoming an Endorsed Leader, you will earn:
- Public Recognition
- Leadership Endorsement Cord and Pin to wear at graduation
- Verified Arizona electronic badge to showcase on your digital profiles
- Leadership profile highlighted on the website!
- Certificate of achievement